Wednesday 24 September 2014

Editing process

Hey back again! This will be a short one!

Ever since I finished by my book I've been editing it non stop. But I'm constantly thinking about who I should send this too. I've been reading a lot of books in my genre but as I edit my own I start to realize there's a mixture genres in my book. It calms me to know that when I read a YA horror that there's a mix of genres in there too. I know when a lot of people hear or see the title Vampire Pigs there's going to be a sort of skepticism about picking it up and reading it. I'm working hard so that if they do pick it up and read it they will have an enjoyable time doing so. This is where risk and chance come into play. The vampire genre is huge and there's a lot of competition out there but at least when people pick it up to read it they would know what they're getting themselves into.

What I'm trying to say is that at the moment as I edit I find myself trying to figure out the right way to approach this. Writing a book is the easy part. The hardest part is trying to get it out there especially since I'm a new writer. Okay back to editing see you next week!

Sincercely,


James Melville


No comments:

Post a Comment