Wednesday 15 October 2014

Why you should write from the heart

HEY! Welcome back to my weekly post!

As I'm beginning to prep the universe and story of my next book I started realizing how personal this is for me. I started writing this project 8 years ago and for some reason it feels like I'm the only one who can actually write it. Fictional books about biracial/multiracial characters are scarce since there's no big market for them. Everyday I get this tingling feeling inside of me saying "You need to write this book....YOU NEED TO WRITE" These 'needs' are making me wake up early in the morning to work on it...these 'needs' are like delicious mouth watering food waiting to be eaten. Writing satisfies these 'needs' on a daily basis. While I write this I'm currently trying to find another job in order to support myself. I'm beginning to see my bank account starting to drain and surprisingly enough I'm not worried. Not worried at all. Because eventually I'll get a job, heck I've been working part time jobs my whole life. What is clouding my mind right now is my book. Going from one book to the next is extremely tough especially since they're not set in the same genre or universe. After eight years of trying to figure out what my calling is...It's been in front of my eyes the whole time but I was too scared.

This fear has always gripped me from when I started to write(and get criticized harshly for it) but now that I have finished my first book and started my second that fear has faded away entirely and is replaced with confidence. I fully know that someday what I write now will be read for future generations to come. But I wouldn't be writing if it wasn't from the heart. I feel if I have no personal connection to the story then what's the point of writing it. That's just me though. I'm sure the majority of you who read this can agree with me when I say the reason why you should write from the heart is because it's something that you WANT to write. Something that's true to who you are as a person. That's it. Bottomline.  

Take care everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read! Until next week again!

Sincerely,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment