Wednesday 8 October 2014

Why you should write a stories that YOU want to write!

Hey! Hey!

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! Another blog post!

A lot has been going through my mind through these past couple of days. As I begin to prepare to write my 2nd book (Mixed Identity) which is completely different from VAMPIRE PIGS. I realize that these stories are ones that I enjoy writing. Anything that I was forced to write in writing class back in college I never enjoyed doing. If you have no personal love for what you write then what is the point. YOU SHOULD WRITE WHAT YOU LOVE! Whether it be an obscure thing like...I don't know uh...Zombie Dragons or anything you're passionate about. Try NOT to look at what's trendy because chances are if you write based on trends then you're not really writing in my opinion. All you're doing is looking at what's popular and going off that. If you decide to do that then by the time you're done writing your script/book then another thing might pop up that's trendy making your mind change constantly about your decision to write in the first place

I say if you're hesitant on writing something because you feel it won't sell or is a waste of time WRITE IT ANYWAY! Take as much time as you need. YOUR STORY is YOUR STORY! It's no one else's. You're maybe inspired by many books, movies, T.V shows, comics etc to write something. If so then do it!

Just something I just wanted to get that off my chest. I've been going through the motions lately but what keeps me coming back is my story. I'm constantly working on it and falling in love more and more. It's hard work but I know it's something I've always wanted to write. In the end it'll be worth it, just keep having faith.

Have a good one and see you next week!

James


2 comments: